Rigid design, suitable for modern carbide tipped tooling. Accepts tools up to 1/2" sq. Tools can be reground on the Worden while still in their holders. Rapid and repeatable tool height setting. Drawings show holders for plain turning, boring and parting off tools. Suits any lathe from an ML10 to 5" centre height.
Compared to a conventional Quick Change unit, Archibald’s system provides:
* No "redundant" second tool position.
* Quicker tool changes, without the need for a wrench.
* Repeatable indexing of the tool block on the top slide.
* Tool holders can descend below the topslide surface, to accept taller insert tooling.
* Great economy, especially where many tool holders are required.
Kit of steel, fasteners, spring and handles to make the tool block and 8 tool holders.